Concerto Competition Guidelines:
- Members of the MAYS will perform their concerto with their own piano accompanist (MAYS does not provide piano accompanists but can help you find one).
- Pieces must be approved by the conductor to ensure it can be performed by the orchestra.
- Your concerto must be memorized to be considered a candidate for concerto competition. However, students may perform with printed music simply for the experience of performing and receiving feedback from the judges.
- All students will receive feedback from the judges.
- The Concerto Competition will be judged by an independent panel of judges, and students will be scored.